We are looking for a Senior Accountant/Buchhalter who will be reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. You will be playing a key role in our future accounting setup for our German entities. Working closely with the international Finance team in Estonia and helping us with German legislators, auditors, and other stakeholders. We are in the process of moving accounting from service providers to in-house and we are looking to find someone who feels very comfortable in German accounting (IFRS) daily tasks, tax declarations, etc.
Who are we?
INZMO is a leading InsurTech company in the EU, and our innovative solutions are revolutionizing financial services for tenants and property owners, empowering them with greater liquidity and unparalleled flexibility. Our "why" is driven by a desire to help people alleviate struggles related to these specific issues, which could significantly impact their overall financial well-being. That's why INZMO's mission is to help people solve financial challenges related to the costs of having a home and all home-related affairs.
Our mission is to provide instant financial and insurance solutions that eliminate excessive costs, cushion risks, and make living more affordable.
Join us in our mission to unlock a world of possibilities and redefine the future of renting for everyone involved.
What we are offering
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing insurtech company at an exciting stage of expansion
- Chance to work creatively and independently
- Growth opportunities for both your role and for you professionally
- Hybrid/fully-remote working model. If you prefer, you can work from our office, which is located in the center of Berlin, Germany.
- Competitive salary and benefits package - annual starting salary from 70K euros.
- Virtual Share Option Plan in the company
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Collaborative, supportive, and international work environment
- Team events and personalized training plan
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing purchase invoices, employee cost- and travel reports and inserting them into financial systems
- Controlling and archiving of accounting documents
- Preparation of payment orders in the bank and accounting system
- Inserting payments received and bank transactions in the accounting program
- Answering daily queries in the fields of accountant’s responsibilities
- Performing other daily accounting-related tasks
- Participating in audits
- Processing purchase and sales transactions in financial systems
- Compiling ad hoc reports in your field of responsibility
What would love you to have
- Degree in the field of Accounting, Finance, Economics, or similar
- Experience working with accounting software
- Fluent in English and German
- Understanding of the German tax system (VAT, Social taxes, CIT calculation)
- Great attention to detail and a developed sense of duty
- Understanding of basic financial reports (balance sheet, profit, and loss statement)
- Independence as well as the ability to work in a team
- Self-motivation, creativity, business, and target orientation
- Good communication skills
It's a plus if you have
- Availability to travel
- Have worked for an insurance company before or have worked for an international startup company
- Tech savvy attitude
- Very good skills at working with Microsoft 365 software (Word, Excel)
Our hiring process is hassle-free
You will have MAX two rounds, and the whole journey will take two weeks.
Intro interview – 45 min. Intro call with our CFO.
Belbin test – 15 min. If at the end of intro interview you find the opportunity appealing, we would kindly ask you to do a 10-15 min Belbin team roles test. As a result of the test, we will both receive a report explaining in which roles you’d be performing the strongest when contributing to the role and teamwork. It is not a personality test, but analyzes your behavioral preferences at work Gallup has found that when people can play to their strengths at job they will be six times more engaged. This is our „gift“ to you for taking the time to apply and be interviewed with us and if for any reason you decide not to join INZMO, feel free to use the results of the report with your other job applications.
Final call with our CEO – 1,5 h. During the final call with our CEO, Meeri Savolainen, we will summarize your Belbin’s test and conclude the process.
Core values of the INZMO team
At INZMO, we firmly follow our core values:
1. We create services with immediate access and impact.
2. We help build trustful relations between people.
3. We help make rental housing more affordable.
At INZMO, the world is your oyster, enabling you to fulfill your dreams and ambitions.
Become INZMO's Senior Accountant!
INZMO is one of the fastest growing insurtech startups in Europe helping people to protect their rental homes and belongings. The company is also the No. 1 providing zero-deposit solutions for EU renters.
We're on a mission to be the worlds most customer-centric insurance company with a simple mission to remove all "ugly" in insurance.
We believe the core innovation lies in understanding customer needs, struggles and their values. We design our services around this purpose - this is what makes us authentic. We put the customer first. Always. We think big, take risks, innovate constantly, hire the best and put high efforts to earn customers trust.
We are the forth-runner in insurance innovation and set the new standard. With more than 70,000 customers and over 400% growth in 2022, INZMO has acquired the recognition and investments from several insurers in Europe. In 2017, the company was recognised as the best fin-tech company in the StartUp Europe Awards by European Commission and in 2019 awarded as the Insurance Shaper of the Year.