Data Scientist Energy Services (m/f/d)
We are looking for you to join our tech team in Berlin, Munich, or Hamburg. 1KOMMA5° is creating Germany's largest one-stop-shop for the sale, installation, and servicing of solar panels, heat pumps, electricity solutions, and charging infrastructure. And the best part? They are all interconnected!
One of our key tech products, our energy manager "Heartbeat," is central to our mission. It enhances the user experience through our app and ensures the cheapest and cleanest energy for our customers. Additionally, it serves as a core component of our vision to build a virtual power plant.
Become a part of our mission!
As a Data Scientist in 1KOMMA5°, you will be one of the first members of a cross-functional team alongside frontend and backend engineers, product owners and UX/UI designers.
You will build the data products powering Heartbeat, while helping build a self-organised team, responsible for defining, designing, deploying and running their own solutions. Cloud Architects,SREs, and MLOps engineers will enable you to easily deliver and run software in a consistent, secure and reliable way.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to identify and scope solutions for complex and ambiguous problems in the renewable energy space.
- Build data products in the fields of optimization (e.g. HEMS) and forecasting (e.g. prices, energy production and consumption, etc.)
- Own your work end-to-end: design, implement, evaluate, deploy, maintain, and improve your data products - with the support of our platform teams
- Collaborate closely with our Data Platform team on Data Engineering topics, both helping them scope the platform as a customer and by getting your hands dirty with pipelines
- Foster a culture of experiment-driven innovation within the team, promoting teamwork and successful project execution
- Make us better with your feedback! Respectfully challenge the status quo by identifying opportunities and spearheading initiatives, share your knowledge and learn from others
Some of the technologies you’ll work with on your day-to-day are:
- Python and its scientific stack (pandas, numpy, etc.)
- Tensorflow, Pytorch, and other ML frameworks
- SQL and Looker
- Github and Github Actions
- GCP (BigQuery, Dataflow, Pub/Sub, Cloud Run, etc)
- IaC (in close collaboration with Platform Engineers)
We are an ambitious and dynamic company with a talented team. We require our engineers to be imaginative, enthusiastic, and willing to tackle new challenges as we strive to provide everyone with renewable energy technologies.
- a degree in Computer Science, other related STEM studies (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, etc), or equivalent relevant working experience
- strong programming skills in Python, SQL, and experience in either ML/statistical modeling or energy modeling acquired in the industry or academia
- strong communication skills and experience working closely with business stakeholders in product development process
- experience refining ambiguous requirements and finding your way around in cross-functional teams in a fast pace, interdisciplinary working environment
- an agile and result-oriented mindset and you consider yourself a team player
- very good knowledge of spoken and written English (German is a plus)
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge around the Energy markets, products or ecosystem
- Experience bringing your models to production in a cloud native environment
- Experience with continuous delivery, cloud infrastructure (ideally Google Cloud) and DevOps practices
- Experience in other areas of software development outside of Data (backend, frontend, infrastructure, etc.)
- Experience and interest in climate tech industry
- You will be part of a young, dynamic and highly motivated team with people who have proven that they can make things happen and move companies forward
- With your work, you support the megatrend "energy and mobility transition" and make a concrete contribution to the sustainable transformation of our energy infrastructure
- You are part of a fast growing company with a lot of development potential
- You move in flat hierarchies and have direct contact with the managing directors as well as short decision-making paths
- You will be welcomed by a young, close-knit and fast-growing team with an exciting task ahead
- The results of your work are immediately recognizable and have a direct positive impact
- You can build something independently and take responsibility
- You can work remotely (Germany-wide), preferred locations are Hamburg, Berlin or Munich
- You create a healthy balance alongside your work and enjoy all the benefits of the EGYM Wellpass