Software Engineer - PHP/Laravel (m/f/d) Munich, Berlin or Hamburg
We are looking for you as an addition to our tech-team in Berlin, Munich or Hamburg. 1KOMMA5° is building Germany's largest one-stop-shop for sale, installation and services related to solar, heat pumps, electricity and charging infrastructure. And they are all connected! Be a part of our mission!
You will be part of the B2B (business-to-business) workstream,on transforming the business of renewable technology installation. With our Operating System software we streamline ground operations and rooftop installation to speed up the energy transition in private homes and small businesses.
As a software engineer at 1KOMMA5°, you will be one of the first members of a cross-functional team alongside frontend and backend engineers, product managers and UX/UI developers. You will help build a self-organized tech team, responsible for developing, deploying and running their own solutions to contribute to those work streams. Cloud Architects and SREs will enable you to easily deliver and run software in a consistent, secure and reliable way.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a business-critical application
- Create, implement, evaluate, deploy, sustain, and enhance software solutions for complex and undefined problems
- You will support us in the development and enhancement of a central application, which is used to offer and calculate CO2-neutral solutions for households.
- You will also be involved in the internationalization of the application.
- You proactively contribute your expertise to our daily business and support our TECH team in exciting projects.
- Foster a culture of experiment-driven innovation within the team
- Promote teamwork and successful project execution
- Improve developer satisfaction by constantly avoiding/reducing tech-dept, automating as much as possible and documenting decisions, runbooks etc.
- proven experience in software development with PHP, SQL, Relational Databases and Localization from several past projects
- experience setting up and maintaining stand-alone SPAs with CI, CD on GitHub and cloud infrastructure
- experience with the Laravel Framework and Inertia.js
- worked with and designed RESTful APIs
- developed reusable UI components in a design system
- have well maintainable, self-describing, reusable and testable code
- very good knowledge of spoken and written English, German is a plus
- an agile and result-oriented mindset and you consider yourself a team player
- and interest in human-centered software development
- no fear of reading or working with backend code, i.e. Ruby on Rails in our case
- We are an ambitious and dynamic company with a talented team. We require our engineers to be imaginative, enthusiastic, and willing to tackle new challenges as we strive to provide everyone with renewable energy technologies.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in working with Ruby on Rails and/or TypeScript
- The opportunity to travel, work mobile and as part of a striving team
- Individualized opportunities for professional development
- Being part of a global change movement
- Working in a diverse team with hard workers and real team players
- Seeing the impact of your work, daily