Senior Backend Engineer (all genders) - Golang
Urban Sports Club
We're so much more than just a sports aggregator platform. We're on a mission to disrupt the way people connect with sports, and we do it with a mix of creativity, passion, and a whole lot of tech. We're in the exciting process of developing a game-changing SaaS solution, and our cloud infrastructure is the heart of it all.
As our Senior Backend Engineer you will work in a dynamic team of engineers who share a passion for technology and for providing the best experience possible to our partners. You’ll get a unique opportunity to join either the Engagement or Supply domain team, driving systems with high volume traffic providing them as services to the whole platform.
Urban Sports Club engineers are smart, flexible and great problem solvers. We follow software development best practices to build a well-specified, scalable product based on strongly modularized architecture, automated testing, and deployment. Join our team and help us continue to inspire people to lead an active and healthy life!
- Be a valued member and technical lead of an autonomous agile team to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product owners, and designers to identify and solve challenging problems, creating an awesome sports experience for users worldwide.
- Deliver testable, maintainable and high-quality code and take operational responsibility for the components that you develop.
- Be a strong participant in the Urban Sports-wide backend cluster affecting and driving best engineering practices across the company.
- Work with an event-driven ecosystem, build the communication between services via PubSub events.
- Architect, develop, and operate Golang, and C# services deployed to thousands of users.
What you need to succeed
- You have proven working experience as a Senior Backend Engineer with Golang (additional C# knowledge is a plus).
- You have worked with GCP/AWS and corresponding cloud managed services.
- You have experience working directly with stakeholders to understand, document and develop APIs and systems to meet their requirements, driving increased adoption and reducing reliance on custom one-off implementations.
- You have written distributed, high-volume services and know how to deploy and keep them running in production.
- You believe data is the most powerful tool for informed decision-making.
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
Our offer to you
- Relocation support for you and your family
- An interesting Tech Stack. Check it out here.
- We’re working in hybrid mode offering you flexibility to work onsite and from home
- WorkOUT Life Balance: 30 days paid vacation per year, flexible working hours, free access to our Employee Assistance Program, plus up to 3 months of remote working from anywhere in the EU, desk swap policy allowing additional remote working time from our other European offices
- Regular team events and other initiatives helping employees to stay productive, healthy and engaged during hybrid mode
- Personal development perks including regular internal trainings, German and English language classes
- Many additional perks including: choice of computer/technology, employee referral bonuses, monthly home office allowance, private health insurance, and more
- A free Urban Sports Club L Pro Membership
Urban Sports Group is committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who applies for a position or already works with us, regardless of their sports preferences, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion (or lack thereof).