Engineering Manager (all genders) - Site Reliability
Urban Sports Club
Urban Sports Club is the leading aggregator of sports activities in Europe. With just one simple subscription, we offer members an easy and convenient way to enjoy sports whenever and wherever they want. Our vision is to create a world where everybody enjoys doing sports, and we enable people to continuously discover the sports they love through the power of technology.
We are looking for a passionate Engineering Manager to lead a high-performing SRE team. As the leader of a diverse group of engineers, your goal is to ensure that our platforms are robust and dependable, like a professional athlete, and that they function flawlessly, like a morning yoga routine.
As an Engineering Manager at Urban Sports Club, your primary duty is to ensure the well-being of the people you assist. You will ensure they are growing as engineers, delivering healthy technology, and generally having a great time at Urban Sports Club. A proven technology background is vital to challenge your team members to be their best. You can influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution.
- High-performing teams: Guide and mentor the team to tackle complex technical challenges while fostering camaraderie and developing individual contributors' skills and career paths. You maximise the team’s impact.
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Engage with other key stakeholders (Security, DevEx, Engineers) to understand requirements, provide reliability updates, and align SRE initiatives with organisational objectives.
- Strategy and Planning: Actively support shaping the long-term cloud strategy. Take ownership of the team's roadmap and ensure incremental delivery of progress.
- System Reliability and Performance: Ensure reliable critical systems and services through monitoring, maintenance, and performance optimization. Set the golden path for our organisation (SLO/SLI)
- Automation and Tooling: Drive the development and adoption of automation tools and practices to streamline SRE processes, reduce manual effort, and improve system reliability, e.g. by promoting the use of infrastructure-as-code (IaC)
What you need to succeed
- Strong SRE Background: Extensive hands-on experience in SRE, including proficiency in container orchestration, troubleshooting, CI/CD pipelines, and observability.
- Architectural Discussions: Comfortable engaging in architectural discussions, asking insightful questions, and assisting the team in making strategic trade-offs.
- SRE Culture: Demonstrated ability to promote the adoption of SRE culture and practices within a team, fostering reliability-focused mindsets and behaviours.
- Team Building: Skilled in recruiting, onboarding, and nurturing a distributed engineering team, facilitating their growth and professional development.
- Cloud experience: Proven track record in building and supporting infrastructure and services within a cloud environment at scale.
- Effective Communication: Excellent communication and facilitation skills, capable of involving the entire team in group decision-making processes.
Our offer to you
- We offer relocation support and sponsorship for work permits
- An interesting Tech Stack. Check it out here.
- A free Urban Sports Club L Pro Membership
- We’re working in hybrid mode offering you flexibility to work onsite and from home
- WorkOUT Life Balance: 30 days paid vacation per year, flexible working hours, free access to our Employee Assistance Program, plus up to 3 months of remote working from anywhere in the EU, desk swap policy allowing additional remote working time from our other European offices
- Regular team events and other initiatives helping employees to stay productive, healthy and engaged during hybrid mode
- Personal development perks including regular internal trainings, German and English language classes
- Many additional perks including: choice of computer/technology, employee referral bonuses, monthly home office allowance, private health insurance, and more
Urban Sports Club is committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who applies for a position or already works with us, regardless of their sports preferences, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion (or lack thereof).