Senior Backend Engineer (remote from EU)
PriceHubble is a PropTech company with over 150 employees, set to radically improve the understanding and transparency of real estate markets based on data-supported insights.
We aggregate and analyze a wide variety of large scale datasets, and apply state-of-the-art machine learning to generate high-quality valuations and predictive analytics for the real estate market.
We are headquartered in Zürich, with offices in Berlin, Hamburg, Paris, Vienna, Prague, and Tokyo. We have a startup environment, low bureaucracy, an international team and business, and are backed by world-class investors.
You will be part of a Product team and be responsible to create, improve and maintain innovative digital products and capabilities. At PriceHubble we solve real customer problems and change how users interact with the real estate industry.
As a Senior Backend Engineer you will play a key role in the design, development, and operation of distributed systems. You will influence the technical vision of your team and plan and implement initiatives across teams and domains.
You have the technical expertise to contribute to the products and maintain optimal delivery efficiency. You are also curious to understand the impact of the products in the organization and the value it delivers to our clients and the real estate industry.
You have great empathy and team mindset, value elegant and highly efficient engineering, and derive great satisfaction from delivering reliable and usable systems. You are passionate about learning and improving the products and systems you own.
Your daily activities
- Design and develop microservices that enable PriceHubble’s products
- Operate and optimize distributed systems to deliver those products
- Leverage best practices and technology to improve quality and efficiency
- Participate in improving and expanding the engineering standards
- Support peers and more junior engineers
- You enjoy working on a wide range of technical domains and use cases, in an international and multi disciplinary team
- You are passionate about learning new things and transferring this knowledge to others
- You are an empathetic team player and speak your mind, you measure success by what is accomplished and how others have been enabled by your work
- BSc or MSc in computer science or related fields (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years practice of agile methodologies and devops methods
- 5+ years of experience in the Python engineering ecosystem
- Extensive experience with microservices in the cloud, at scale
- Extensive experience maintaining test coverage and quality
- Experience working with public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Experience working with containerization (K8s and Helm)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Excellent skills in object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms
- Excellent skills designing distributed systems in a cloud environment
- Structured and empathetic communicator, able to mentor other engineers
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences
* We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the European Union and UK but we are not able to sponsor visas.
Join an ambitious and hungry team and enjoy the following benefits:
💰 Competitive salary because we always want to attract the best talents.
📘 Learning & Development program - We want you to feel happy, confident about improving your skills, experience level as well as your personal development success.
🏢 Very well-located offices with a great remote work policy and the possibility to work from different places.
🕓 Flexible working hours and work life balance.