Health, Safety and Environmental Specialist & DGO (m/w/d)
NVision Imaging Technologies
NVision is a quantum biotech startup based in Ulm, Germany, with Tier 1 investors from Silicon Valley, Europe, and Israel. We are just leaving stealth mode, moving from local R&D to global commercialization and expansion.
We are developing a technology that will enable MRI based imaging of real-time metabolism in the body, with tremendous potential for research and applications in oncology, cardiology, neurology and more. What we are building is complex and fascinating and has vast potential for impactful applications. Our company brings together expertise in physics, chemistry, engineering, and medicine and we are collaborating with KOL scientists and clinicians from top medical and research centers such as Memorial Sloan Kettering in New York, MD Anderson in Texas, Technical University of Munich, Cambridge University in the UK and more.
We offer a dynamic international working environment, with immense room for growth, that encourages personal initiative and open communication.
As a Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Specialist (m/w/d) & DGO at NVision, you occupy a pivotal role within our Business Operations Team. Your expertise and dedication not only reinforce our commitment to the safety and well-being of our workforce but also bolster the very foundation upon which our organization thrives. By ensuring the meticulous implementation and thorough execution of all HSE-related matters and overseeing our DG operations, you play a central part in promoting a proactive safety culture, thereby aiding NVision in maintaining an exemplary standard of operational excellence. Your role transcends mere compliance; you are instrumental in shaping a resilient and sustainable work environment that aligns with our corporate values, driving our mission forward, and contributing significantly to the broader success and growth of our organization.
- Craft and enforce HSE & DG protocols, ensuring they align with existing legislation.
- Validate adherence to all legal, regulatory, and customer specific mandates.
- Preparation of all required documentation such as risk assessments, operating instructions and checklists
- Oversee and execute the proper shipment of dangerous goods internationally and, ensuring safe and compliant transportation
- Manage the safe and compliant disposal of hazardous waste, aligning with all relevant regulations
- Foster a culture that encourages safe behaviors, minimizing workplace hazards
- Equip team members with the skills to assess risks, pinpoint hazards, and enact the necessary preventive measures
- Oversee our annual safety programs and spearhead the safety onboarding process for new hires
- Aid in devising regular checks, gauging our alignment with health, safety, and environmental standards
- Stay abreast of emerging legislations and maintain expertise in current HSE laws affecting our industry
- Assist local teams in dealings with regulatory bodies and produce necessary safety performance or incident reports
- Serve as the primary liaison with our occupational health provider, facilitating the creation and monitoring of the yearly plan
- Advise staff on the selection of appropriate safety gear, including personal protective equipment
- Lead investigations into workplace incidents, identifying root causes and recommending corrective actions
- Develop and establish emergency response plans
- Execution of DG Trainings for our Employees
- Degree in engineering or natural sciences or technical training
- Occupational safety specialist in accordance with § 6 ASiG and DGUV regulation 2
- Training as a hazardous goods officer (Gefahrgutbeauftragter) with a valid training certificate from the IHK (Chamber of Industry and Commerce) for road transport (ADR) and possibly other modes of transport (e.g. IATA)
- QHSE-specific advanced training or interest in further training
- Several years of professional experience in the HSE & DG environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of the legal framework, standards and regulations
- Very good knowledge of German and English
- Competitive compensation
- Onsite working model with home-office opportunities
- Ample opportunity for personal initiatives, openness to new ideas and room for considerable personal impact
- Impactful product promoting better understanding and treatment of disease
- International team, from over 15 different nationalities
- Enjoyable work atmosphere with an open-door and open communications mentality
- Indefinite employment contract
- 30 vacation days