R&D Electrical Engineer (m/f/d)
NVision Imaging Technologies
NVision is a quantum biotech startup based in Ulm, Germany, with Tier 1 investors from Silicon Valley, Europe, and Israel. We are just leaving stealth mode, moving from local R&D to global commercialization and expansion.
We are developing a technology that will enable MRI-based imaging of real-time metabolism in the body, with tremendous potential for research and applications in oncology, cardiology, neurology and more. Our company brings together expertise in physics, chemistry, engineering and medicine, and we are collaborating with scientists and clinicians from top medical and research centers such as Memorial Sloan Kettering in New York, MD Anderson in Texas, Technical University of Munich, Cambridge University in the UK and more.
NVision is developing fast, robust and easy-to-use hyperpolarization technology for preclinical and clinical research in our Polaris product line. Those devices are placed close to an MRI scanner in a clinical environment or a research lab to produce hyperpolarized contrast agents on demand. The hyperpolarized solution is prepared in a fast, fully-automated, multi-step process including chemical reactions, polarization transfer and several purification steps. We develop our commercial products in close collaboration with a contract design and manufacturing partner while the process development as well as the design of test setups and prototypes is done in-house.
We're looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer (m/f/d) to join our team and contribute to our innovative products. You will be part of an interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers and will work on a broad range of electrical, electronic and mechatronic topics for different products and devices. This will include design as well as hands-on troubleshooting and characterization in our labs, covering topics ranging from proof of concept to the final product.
- Concept, design and implementation of electrical and electromechanical subsystems of in-house test setups and prototype systems, for example amplifiers and current sources for precise magnetic field control.
- Hands-on work on the setups and prototypes in our lab to characterize and troubleshoot components and subsystems and identify opportunities for further improvement
- Component selection including sensors and actuators (e.g. valves, pumps, motors), amplifiers, power supplies, electrical components and interface hardware (e.g. I/O modules for PLCs).
- Creation of design documents and test plans for in-house prototype assembly and testing.
- Collaboration with our external design and manufacturing partner for electrical and electronic product development including specification, concept, review and verification.
- Ph.D. / M.Sc / B.Sc in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Professional experience in a lab environment, in research or early-stage product development.
- Experience with standard test bench equipment, e.g. for analog signal characterization, and ideally in measurement automation.
- Skilled in analyzing issues, devising creative solutions and identifying upcoming projects.
- PCB design experience in the field of analog circuits and signal processing is considered an advantage.
- Competitive compensation, based on base salary and stock options
- Onsite work at state-of-the-art facilities with home-office opportunities
- Key role in a highly advanced and fast-growing startup company
- Ample opportunity for personal initiatives, openness to new ideas and room for considerable personal impact
- Impactful product promoting better understanding and treatment of disease
- International and dynamic team, from over 15 different nationalities
- Enjoyable work atmosphere with an open-door and open communication mentality
- Permanent employment contract, providing stability and long-term career growth opportunities
- 30 vacation days and excellent work-life balance
Join us in making a difference! Submit your application to be considered for this exciting opportunity.