Principal Pharmaceutical Scientist (m/f/d)
NVision Imaging Technologies
NVision is a quantum biotech startup based in Ulm, Germany, with Tier 1 investors from Silicon Valley, Europe, and Israel. We are just leaving stealth mode, moving from local R&D to global commercialization and expansion.
We are developing a technology that will enable MRI-based imaging of real-time metabolism in the body, with tremendous potential for research and applications in oncology, cardiology, neurology and more. What we are building is complex and fascinating and has vast potential for impactful applications. Our company brings together expertise in physics, chemistry, engineering, and medicine and we are collaborating with KOL scientists and clinicians from top medical and research centers such as Memorial Sloan Kettering in New York, MD Anderson in Texas, Technical University of Munich, Cambridge University in the UK and more.
We offer a dynamic international working environment, with immense room for growth, that encourages personal initiative and open communication.
We are actively seeking a Principal Pharmaceutical Scientist (m/f/d) for taking a key role in the development of a compounding system that will be used at hospitals (at the point of care) to prepare innovative injectable MRI contrast agents.
- As a pharmaceutical expert, you will lead projects of innovative drug developments, including drug substances and products (injectables), analytical and process development, and participate in validation, control strategy, and technology transfer in accordance with US/EU pharmaceutical regulations.
- These activities are part of the global development of a very innovative technology, combining quantum physics and sophisticated GMP compounding systems used at the point of care (Hospital).
- These activities will be done in collaboration with the Director of Chemistry, the Device Development team, the CMC Manager, and top tier CRO/CDMOs.
- You will have a pivotal and decisive responsibility in establishing pharmaceutical and regulatory expertises, technical strategies and best practices, for the formulation, process and analytical developments of our innovative drug products. This includes:
- Building methodologies and experimental plans following Quality by Design to develop robust processes and formulations, in deep collaboration with our research scientists, chemists and engineers.
- Characterizing and optimizing impurity profiles in collaboration with our CMC and non-clinical experts.
- Help to developing purification and sterilization processes (filtration) and their validations, in collaboration with our engineering and CMC managers
- Bringing expertise on and leading analytical development, validation and transfer with internal chemistry team, CRO and Users (Hospital)
- Leading process and stability validations, and participating in the generation of all necessary scientific packages for Module 3 and registrations.
- Participating in regulatory writing and interactions with health authorities under the supervision of Regulatory Affairs and CMC
- You will also be responsible for the management of technology transfer projects of our products to our CROs and CDMOs, as well as defining and negotiating work packages and contracts with them.
- PhD in pharmaceutical and/or chemical sciences or a related field.
- Over 10-15 years of professional experience in industry working on pharmaceutical development and tech transfer in a GMP environment (US/EU)
- Strong scientific skills and mindset, strong skills in chemistry. Passion for experimental work related to innovative drug development
- Expertise in drug substance and drug product pharmaceutical and analytical developments (small molecule, sterile, injectable, HPLC, GC, NMR).
- Demonstration of independent work and expertise in development of drug products, preferably with experience leading and managing projects involving research activity, and management of CDMOs.
- Experience in working in an international, interdisciplinary and cross functional team of strong scientific experts
- Experience in contrast agents, radio pharmaceuticals and/or drug device combinations is a plus
- Competitive compensation, based on base salary and stock options
- Hybrid remote possible
- Key role in a highly advanced and fast-growing startup company
- Ample opportunity for personal initiatives, openness to new ideas and room for considerable personal impact
- Impactful product promoting better understanding and treatment of disease
- International team, from over 15 different nationalities
- Enjoyable work atmosphere with an open-door and open communications mentality
- Indefinite employment contract, providing stability
- Long-term career growth opportunities with the opportunity to build your own team
- 30 vacation days and excellent work-life balance
- Relocation and visa support