Grants and Funding Lead (Med/Biotech Industry) (m/w/d)
NVision Imaging Technologies
NVision is a quantum biotech startup based in Ulm, Germany, with Tier 1 investors from Silicon Valley, Europe, and Israel. We are just leaving stealth mode, moving from local R&D to global commercialization and expansion.
We are developing a technology that will enable MRI based imaging of real-time metabolism in the body, with tremendous potential for research and applications in oncology, cardiology, neurology and more. What we are building is complex and fascinating and has vast potential for impactful applications. Our company brings together expertise in physics, chemistry, engineering, and medicine and we are collaborating with KOL scientists and clinicians from top medical and research centers such as Memorial Sloan Kettering in New York, MD Anderson in Texas, Technical University of Munich, Cambridge University in the UK and more.
We offer a dynamic international working environment, with immense room for growth, that encourages personal initiative and open communication.
Public funding opportunities, especially in Quantum Technologies, have been growing significantly in recent years, with expectations of reaching all-time highs between 2023 and 2025. These opportunities come from programs like Horizon Europe (European Commission), the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), and the German Space Agency (DLR). Additionally, grants for advanced imaging and diagnostic techniques are on the rise in the United States, thanks to agencies like the NIH and DoD, as well as in Europe.
NVision is at the forefront of embracing these opportunities, and we're actively searching for a skilled Grants and Funding Lead (m/w/d) to join our team. In this crucial role, you will be responsible for developing and executing successful grant strategies that align with our company's mission and goals.
- Research potential grant opportunities and identify those that align with the company's objectives and priorities.
- Work with top-management to design winning strategies to win identified grants.
- Collaborate with team members to gather and organize information and materials needed for grant proposals.
- Compose compelling grant proposals that are well-written and well-researched.
- Manage the grant proposal development process from start to finish, including coordinating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct research to identify grant opportunities tailored to our prospective clients, offering a valuable service by proactively identifying potential funding sources that align with their needs and objectives, while also contributing to our business growth.
- Work directly with NVision’s customers (e.g., leading research hospitals in the US, Eu) to apply for applicable grants in their respective research areas.
- Stay up-to-date on changes in grant funding opportunities and regulations, and provide guidance and support to the team on how to adapt to these changes.
- Ph.D. / M.Sc / M.D in a relevant field (e.g. science, engineering).
- Proven business acumen e.g., by job experience in a leading consulting firm or industry or proven track record in winning industry focused grants.
- Meaningful experience in development of project proposal or grant writing.
- Possession of a PhD or a history of successful publication of scientific papers is considered an advantage.
- Excellent organizational and process management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to understand (in high-level) complex scientific topics.
- English proficiency, both written and spoken (German language skills are a plus but not mandatory).
- Competitive compensation, based on base salary and stock options
- Be part of a mission to translate cutting-edge quantum physics into real-world applications
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid remote or fully remote possible
- Key role in a highly advanced and fast-growing startup company
- Ample opportunity for personal initiatives, openness to new ideas and room for considerable personal impact
- Highly versatile and dynamic position, covering a variety of topics and types of initiatives
- Impactful products, e..g, promoting better understanding and treatment of disease
- International and dynamic team, from over 15 different nationalities
- Enjoyable work atmosphere with an open-door and open communications mentality
- Indefinite employment contract, providing stability and long-term career growth opportunities
- 30 vacation days and excellent work-life balance
Join us in making a difference! Submit your application to be considered for this exciting opportunity.