Supply Chain Manager (m/f/d) of a MedTech/PharmTech Start-Up
NVision Imaging Technologies
NVision is a quantum biotech startup based in Ulm, Germany, with Tier 1 investors from Silicon Valley, Europe, and Israel. We are just leaving stealth mode, moving from local R&D to global commercialization and expansion.
We are developing a technology that will enable MRI based imaging of real-time metabolism in the body, with tremendous potential for research and applications in oncology, cardiology, neurology and more. What we are building is complex and fascinating and has vast potential for impactful applications. Our company brings together expertise in physics, chemistry, engineering, and medicine and we are collaborating with KOL scientists and clinicians from top medical and research centers such as Memorial Sloan Kettering in New York, MD Anderson in Texas, Technical University of Munich, Cambridge University in the UK and more.
We offer a dynamic international working environment, with immense room for growth, that encourages personal initiative and open communication.
As Supply Chain Manager (m/f/d), you will become a valuable member of our Operations team, assuming an important responsibility for both external suppliers and internal supply chain processes. Your problem-solving skills, strategic vision, and management abilities will be instrumental in designing an effective and sustainable supply chain strategy tailored to the long-term growth of NVision. You will collaborate closely with other managers to ensure that the supply chain aligns with the company's objectives and ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Supplier Sourcing and Management: Identify, evaluate, and manage critical manufacturing partners for active chemicals, sterile consumables and hardware components in a regulated environment.
- Develop and execute a supply chain able to deliver international customers, that includes one off device hardware and per use chemicals and consumables: - Demand Planning: Collaborate with the sales and marketing team to understand customer demand for our planned product portfolio, and develop forecasts and budgets to ensure that production/supply can meet demand. - Inventory Management: Establish and maintain inventory levels to meet production/delivery demands. - Logistics and Shipping: Coordinate with logistics partners to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of materials and goods, including international shipping requirements and customs compliance.
- Risk Management: Identify and mitigate risks in the supply chain such as raw material availability, supplier quality and capacity constraints, logistics disruptions, and regulatory compliance issues.
- Process Improvement: Continuously identify and implement process improvements to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and improve product quality, develop KPIs to track supply chain performance based on quality, delivery, and service level.
- Cost Analysis: Conduct cost analysis on supplier pricing, logistics, and manufacturing processes to identify opportunities for cost savings and optimization.
- Quality Assurance: work with the quality department and consultants to establish and implement adapted quality assurance processes for supply chain, and to verify supplier compliance.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as engineering, operations, sales, QA and finance to ensure that supply chain activities are aligned with company goals and objectives
Must have experience:
- Minimum of 6 years of profound expertise in both crafting and optimizing global supply chains for chemical products used in healthcare; for example in pharma, diagnostics, drug-device combination products.
- Meaningful experience in API sourcing in a GMP environment.
- Proven success in creating supply chains from the ground up, especially in the dynamic environments of startups or new product introductions.
- Hands-on experience in logistics, warehousing, and shipment planning.
- Proficiency in demand planning and the supply of finished goods to global markets, with a focus on the USA and Europe.
- Exceptional skill in fostering trust-based relationships with suppliers and collaborating on innovative problem-solving.
- You are an analytical thinker with a track record of delivering results. You will be able to analyze data to identify opportunities for cost savings and process improvements while ensuring that all regulatory and compliance requirements are met.
- You are a self-starter who can prioritize and manage smaller projects simultaneously, with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Overall, you are a highly motivated and organized individual who is passionate about driving results and delivering high-quality supply chain solutions for customers.
- In-depth knowledge of Good Manufacturing and Distribution Practices (GMP/GDP) in the context of supply chain
- Experience with products characterized by a restricted shelf life of days or weeks.
- Experience in the radiopharmaceutical space would be a plus
- Strong passion for scientific and technical innovation, as well as curiosity.
- Competitive compensation, based on base salary and stock options
- Remote working model, up to 30% travel required (including to HQ in Ulm)
- Ample opportunity for personal initiatives, openness to new ideas and room for considerable personal impact
- Impactful product promoting better understanding and treatment of disease
- International team, from over 15 different nationalities
- Enjoyable work atmosphere with an open-door and open communications mentality
- Indefinite employment contract, providing stability
- 30 vacation days and excellent work-life balance
Join us in making a difference! Submit your application to be considered for this exciting opportunity.