As a Finance Specialist, you’ll be part of the Operations team and the main point of contact for all things finance at our growing tech startup.
You are a detail-oriented individual contributor who strives in an autonomous and asynchronous work environment. You can perform well both within the existing processes and also without pre-established guidelines and create processes from scratch. You feel comfortable in an ever-changing environment and naturally take initiative and ownership where things are new or can be improved. You have juggled and prioritised many finance tasks and functions in the past and are aware of what makes you perform well in your role.
At Neptune, we are passionate about giving ML teams the same level of control and confidence when building and operating models as software developers have when shipping applications. We’re one of the most recognisable tools in the MLOps industry, with over 40k ML engineers and data scientists using the platform and 200k+ ML practitioners visiting our blog monthly.
- managing all finance functions on a day-to-day basis (including issuing sales invoices, managing incoming invoices, and all other documentation;
- ensuring all records and documentation are accurate and processed in a timely manner;
- controlling functions over external accountants for both Polish and U.S. entities;
- being the point of contact for internal and external stakeholders – investors, accounting and payroll teams, tax advisors;
- preparing, maintaining, and improving internal and external reporting;
- suggesting and participating in cost optimisation discussions;
- maintaining and preparing budgets and forecasts;
- treasury functions;
- coordinating annual audits and occasional due diligence processes.
- 3+ years of experience in a variety of finance-focused roles – accountant, controller, auditor;
- Experience working with IFRS and/or US GAAP;
- Experience working with multi-entity groups and its reconciliation processes;
- Proficient skills in Google Sheets and Excel (you don’t despair when your GS download displays commas instead of dots in Excel);
- Excellent spoken and written English and Polish skills (there are Polish entities you’ll be in charge of coordinating);
- Superb attention to detail (you’ve never had a transposition-type mistake in your professional life, and if you have, you’re the one who spotted it);
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, or a related field.
When you own something, it is on you, no excuses. We trust that if there is a need, you will learn, look at the data, get feedback, ask for help, and collaborate to make it happen. You get the freedom to do it your way.
Balance strategy and execution, learning and action to make the most impact. Understand why you are doing things, but don’t overthink it. Take action, but not without the skills that give you a chance. Remember, it is the impact that matters.
Be honest, be real, don’t waste time, get to the point, drop filters, say what you mean. You can share your feedback with anyone. We all benefit from understanding each other better.
We do the smallest thing possible and get it out as quickly as possible. Progress over perfection.
- Flexibility: 100% remote work with an office in Warsaw available and flexible working hours;
- Share in our success: Participate in the Employee Stock Option Plan and be part of our growth journey;
- Time off: 20 paid service-free days per year;
- Ownership and impact: Space to take action, bring your ideas to life, and make a real impact;
- Perks: Co-financing of private medical care and Multisport card, regular team building events, and free lunch when you’re at the office.
Check our ultimate guide for candidates to neptune.ai.
With your optional consent, we can retain your data for up to 12 months after the application to consider you for future suitable roles if you’re not a match for the current position.