Senior Software Engineer, Fintech, Backend TypeScript (m/w/d)
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Nelly is a cutting-edge healthcare payments company, revolutionizing medical practice workflows with its patient check-in and check-out software. Our dynamic team of industry experts has a passion for tech- and data-driven innovation and is dedicated to providing efficient solutions.
We are well-financed with 20M in venture capital from world-class investors such as Lakestar, GFC, b2venture, and Motive Partners.
Join us at our stunning office with a river view near Berlin's iconic museum island and contribute to shaping the future of healthcare payments.
About the role
We are looking for a seasoned software engineer who wants to join our Checkout team. You will have the opportunity to make very significant code contributions at the earliest stages of product development, while also continuing to grow your own skill set.
We want you to have both. At Nelly, we want our team to be healthy, happy and provided with all the resources they need. We value individuality, talent and personality. We stand for teamwork at eye level. We challenge and encourage each other. We work with passion and courage.
- Customer obsession
- Start small - learn fast
- Nice people only
- Let the team shine
- Feedback is a gift
- Less is more
- Be proactive
What you’ll get to do
- Own features throughout their entire lifetime from problem formulation to solution delivery.
- Designing and building systems that are performant and secure.
- Gain exposure to cutting-edge Frontend technologies, while primarily focusing on Backend development.
- Making a significant contribution to defining, maintaining and improving our architecture and best practices.
- Providing support for other team members through code review, pairing and mentoring.
What you'll bring
- 5+ years of professional software backend development experience.
- Strong data and API modeling skills.
- Payments and financial services excite you. Ideally, you had touch points to Fintech professionally.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- On top of being a great engineer, you must have a great team-player mentality.
- It would be a plus if you have experience with cloud infrastructure providers like AWS and security best practices.
What we offer
- Competitive salary.
- Top of the line working equipment.
- Generous budget for learning and development activities.
- 30 days of paid vacation and workation possibility.
- Flexible working hours and hybrid work mode in Berlin.
- Cozy office in the city center.
- BVG Ticket or Swapfiets subscription.
- Urban Sports membership.
Nelly is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equality, and inclusion. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualification, experience and business need.