Data Quality Analyst
Join the Healthcare Data Revolution!
Are you passionate about the power of data? How about unlocking the potential of patient data through AI and NLP technologies? LynxCare, a fast-growing scale-up in Belgium, is seeking a Data Quality Analyst to help us lead the transformation of global healthcare data to improve patient outcomes and quality of care.
As a Data Quality Analyst, you will be instrumental in building and maintaining LynxCare's clinical databases, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, and ensuring the scalability, reliability, and performance of our data processes and quality procedures.
What LynxCare offers:
- A chance to be at the forefront of healthcare data innovation, working with a team of 50 highly motivated clinical and data experts.
- A fast-growing, welcoming environment, where initiative is valued and personal/professional growth is supported.
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge, try innovative technologies, constantly experiment, and evolve.
- Attractive salary package, incl. extralegal benefits such as mobility budget, hospitalization insurance, group insurance, meal-vouchers, net cost-allowance and reimbursement of mobile telco subscription
As a Data Quality Analyst, you work in a small team of Analysts in a broader Engineering team of 18 people to successfully deliver databases. You are responsible for delivering quality healthcare databases operating our AI platform, including:
- Plan and execute data upload, data quality assessment and quality improvements in multiple hospitals and therapeutic areas, including cardiology and oncology. Both functional & technical aspects are part of your responsibilities
- Adapt process pipelines and accommodate quality feedback in collaboration with our Engineering team (NLP engineers, data engineers and medical validators) and medical terminology teams
- Oversee the correct usage of medical ontology libraries and the compliancy of data storage in the OMOP CDM
- Implement feedback from clinicians and data scientists about the scope, the process and the output
- Steer and support process improvements in a variety of areas such as quality assurance, pipeline deployment, medical ontology usage. This includes developing and deploying scripts that drive the automation and scalability of our operational processes
Skills & Experience
- Experience in working with (large) datasets
- Experience or strong interest in data cleaning, data processing and/or data quality assessment
- Intermediate programming skills in R, Python or SQL (at least one)
- Training or interest in (para)medical topics or health care
- Team player with an analytic problem-solving mind and an eye for detail
- Effective communicator with diligence and strong sense of accountability
- Languages: English (Conversational - required), Dutch (Conversational - required)
Nice to haves
(= technologies/expertise you will be exposed to, but for which previous experience is not a must to be considered for the job):
- Experience with Python, preferably to automate data cleaning, data processing and/or data quality assessment
- Experience with SQL, Power BI or other BI-tools
- Experience with Spark (Databricks)
- Knowledge of medical ontology libraries (e.g. UMLS, Athena) and OMOP CDM
- Experience with NLP or other types of machine learning
- French (Basic proficiency or higher)