Senior Python Data Engineer
Join the Healthcare Data Revolution
Are you passionate about the power of data? How about unlocking the potential of patient data through AI and NLP technologies? LynxCare, a fast-growing scale-up in Belgium, is seeking a Senior Data Engineer to help us lead the transformation of global healthcare data to improve patient outcomes and quality of care.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be instrumental in building and maintaining LynxCare's data platform, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, and ensuring the scalability, reliability, and performance of our data pipelines and systems.
What LynxCare offers:
- A chance to be at the forefront of healthcare data innovation, working with a team of 50 highly motivated clinical and data experts.
- A fast-growing, welcoming environment, where initiative is valued and personal/professional growth is supported.
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge, try innovative technologies, constantly experiment, and evolve.
- Attractive salary package, incl. extralegal benefits such as mobility budget, hospitalization insurance, group insurance, meal-vouchers, net cost-allowance and reimbursement of mobile telco subscription.
You have (required):
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field.
- > 3 years of experience as a (Senior) Data Engineer or related role (preferably > 5 years)
- Hands-on experience with Python, SQL & Apache Spark
- Proficiency in Git for version control, including branching, merging, and resolving conflicts
- Strong expertise in ETL and data warehousing
- Strong sense of ownership
- A desire to work with and learn from colleagues with diverse perspectives and experiences
- A passion for quality, good design and clean code
- Hands-on experience with Cloud Services (e.g., Azure, AWS, GCP)
You have (nice to have):
- Passion for CI/CD and task automation (e.g., Azure DevOps, GitHub, Bitbucket)
- Experience with Docker (strongly preferred)
- Hands-on experience with other programming languages (e.g. Scala, Java)
- Experience in Agile methodologies and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Delta Lake, DBT, Scala
- Team-minded and data-driven
- An advocate of continuous learning and continuous improvement
- Enthusiast and eager to learn
Technologies at LynxCare:
Python, Bash, Apache Spark (Databricks), Git, Terraform, CI/CD, Kubernetes, SQL, Delta Lake, Functions, BI Tools, CosmosDB, MSSQL, …
You don’t need to know them all, at LynxCare there’s plenty of room to learn.
Your journey at LynxCare:
- Within your first month, you have studied the ETL pipelines and the technologies they are developed with.
- Within your third month, you can independently do maintenance tasks and add smaller features.
- Within your sixth month, you can work independently on new projects.
Join us in our mission to transform healthcare through data innovation. Click below to apply to join LynxCare's Data Engineering team.