Cambridge, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2024
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated individual to join our team as a laboratory technician. In this role, you will have the exciting opportunity to work alongside experienced scientists, acquiring cutting-edge techniques and skills while taking ownership of crucial laboratory management responsibilities.
What you'll work on
- Learn and apply state of the art laboratory techniques under the guidance of experienced scientists
- Manage laboratory inventory, including ordering consumables, monitoring stock levels and ensuring timely restocking to support ongoing research activities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with external suppliers to facilitate smooth procurement processes and negotiate favourable terms
- Support general laboratory operations, ensuring compliance with safety regulations and protocols
- Support the drafting and management of risk assessments and COSHH forms for relevant activities within Healx Lab
- Attend any relevant training sessions to strengthen knowledge on laboratory management topics as requiredMaintaining accurate and up-to-date electronic records and documentation
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. Biological Sciences, Pharmacology, etc)
- Strong desire to learn and apply cutting-edge laboratory techniques (e.g. cell biology, lab automation, high content imaging and plate-based assays)
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to take on ownership of a variety laboratory management tasks
- Effective communication skills to liaise with external suppliers and collaborate with your colleagues
- Detail-oriented approach and commitment to working with the lab team and key stakeholders to maintain a high standard of laboratory safety
- Familiarity with electronic laboratory notebook systems would be advantageous but is not essential as training will be provided.
Join us in this exciting opportunity to be part of a collaborative and innovative research environment, where you can contribute to Healx’s rare disease mission while honing your skills as a laboratory technician.
Working at Healx
This role will be based at our lab suites located in the Science Village on Chesterford Research Park. We offer a flexible, diverse and inclusive working environment that considers your individual needs and believes in maintaining a sustainable work-life balance. You will be welcomed by a team of colleagues with decades of accumulated experience in their areas of expertise, happy to help you develop your own skills in a highly collaborative environment and who are keen to provide guidance and support in your personal and career development.