is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL in future?
We are growing very strongly and are gaining a large number of customers every day. That is an exciting time! At the same time, our tasks, expenses and accounts are also growing.
And this is where you come in with your expertise: through your experience and motivation, you make your contribution to the expansion and transformation of our accounting. You are part of a growing team and start shortly after the introduction of our new ERP system. You will have the opportunity to shape things from the ground up and thus also according to your ideal conception. Through your foresight, you will ensure smoothly functioning accounting processes in the long term, as they are ideally lived in technology-affine companies.
- Together with your colleagues, you take care of IFRS- and German GAAP (HGB)-compliant accounting, valuation and booking of business transactions
- You support the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements according to IFRS and German GAAP
- In day-to-day business, you look after the German parent company as well as our foreign subsidiaries
- You maintain the general ledger for assigned legal entities including but not limited to journal entries for cash, prepaids, amortization, benefits, payroll, vacation, etc.
- You prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- You will be involved in the further development of internal accounting processes, accounting guidelines, structures and standards, also with regard to digitalisation and automation
What we offer
- Make an impact! We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up. Over the last year we doubled in size with employees located across UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan
- We’ve got your back. We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but the human approach, trust, empathy, and inclusivity are just as important
- Flexible working arrangements: With offices in Cologne, Berlin, London and Amsterdam, you can decide where and how you work. We offer full remote working from UK/DE/NL/PL, no conditions, no "check" - DeepL is now and forever a remote-friendly company
- Regular innovative team-building events
- A successfully completed business studies degree or commercial training
- Several years of professional experience in accounting, ideally at a software-as-a-service (SaaS) or technology company with SE or AG group structure
- Relevant experience in various ERP systems, very good knowledge of common MS-Office tools
- High attention to detail and the ability to work independently
- A high degree of personal responsibility, transparency, and proactive communication as well as a structured and goal-oriented approach to work
- Fluency in English and German
- Good knowledge in IFRS, Experience in German GAAP (HGB) is a plus
We are looking forward to your application!