Senior Product Designer
Senior Product Designer
🌍 UK (Hybrid)
💰 £75,000 - £85,000 per annum DOE plus stock options
⭐️ Our Perks ⭐️
❤️ Monthly Health & Wellness budget, increasing with length of service
📈 The ability to share in the company’s success through options
📚 Annual Learning and Development budget
🤸🏽♂️ Flexible working in a choice first environment - we trust the way you want to work
🌴 25 Holiday Days + your local bank holidays, plus an extra day for every year of service
🎂 Your birthday off
🤒 Paid sick leave
🍼 Enhanced Family Leave - (UK Only)
⚕️ Optional healthcare plan
🏢 WFH Equipment (let us know what you need and we’ll get it for you!)
🍿 Perks including discounts on cinema tickets, utilities and more
🎉 Annual Chattermill summits plus regular socials throughout the year
🌆 If you’re in London, a dog friendly office with great classes, events, and a rooftop terrace
🦸♀️ The Role
At Chattermill, we build a platform that helps customer-centric brands like Uber, Amazon, Wise, JustEat, Booking, HelloFresh etc. to continuously delight their customers by staying ahead of millions of feedback data they are getting across a number of channels - from surveys, reviews, social media, support conversations, etc.
We are leveraging the latest NLP and LLMs tech to make sense of what their customers are saying - and combine it with analytics and visualisation to deliver proactive, context-rich insights on what to do.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Senior Product Designer to join the team and drive the discovery, validation and design of new experiences.
👉 What you'll be doing:
We believe that building great products takes a full team. You’ll be partnering with Product, Content Design, Engineering, Data Science and Revenue throughout the design process.
- Build an understanding of the problem space - Lead/participate in user research initiatives to gain a deep understanding of our customers' pain points and needs. Partner with your team to discover and define the problem space, ensuring alignment on the key issues to prioritize.
- Ideate with the team - Collaborate with your team to come up with innovative ways to solve problems, which you’ll validate with our customers.
- Refine and implement - Craft polished experiences, and work closely with Engineering throughout implementation to ensure the quality is as high as it can be in the final product.
- Launch - Partner with Product and Product Marketing to support the successful launch of the solutions you’ve designed.
- Measure and learn - Keep an eye on what you’ve launched to suggest next steps.
🧰 What you’ll need:
- SaaS product design experience would be beneficial – You have a healthy command of the Product Design discipline, from discovery to execution to validation to measurement, and have ideally applied your craft for 5+ years on SaaS products
- Broad expertise - A strong command of interaction design, visual design and information architecture with a mind for simplicity of design.
- Fantastic communication – Your ability to think and communicate clearly is the root of all else: understanding people, working effectively in teams and being able to create impactful work.
➕ It'd be a bonus if you have:
- UX research - You have been running both qualitative and quantitative research projects to understand past problem spaces.
- Simplify complexity - You have experience designing solutions for complex systems.
- AI experience - You have worked on AI/ML products and understand their constraints.
✨ Chattermill - Who we are:
Co-founded by Mikhail Dubov and Dmitry Isupov in 2015 while at Entrepreneur First, Chattermill was born out of their frustration that it took weeks, sometimes months, for customer research to yield any quality insights. Often, these would be out of date by the time they reached decision-makers. And it was also financially out of reach for most companies.
When they started what eventually became Chattermill, they had a hunch that they could use the newly available tech of deep learning to help companies find insights amidst messy data. Their vision was to take what agencies and cutting-edge brands were doing by hand and automate it.
Today, our Customer Experience platform is used by the world’s best-loved customer-centric companies including Uber, HelloFresh, Wise, and more, all of whom can now see, and act on their customer reality.
Our mission is to rid the world of bad experiences by making it easy for any brand to identify and prioritize the key issues their customers are facing.
🔎 Our Hiring Process
- Let’s introduce ourselves – you’ll have an introductory call with our Talent team - we’d love to learn more about you, your ambitions, and what you’re looking for in your next step.
- Get to know your would-be team – you’ll have a call with your would-be manager, Vincent Dollet, where he’ll answer any of your role specific questions and you can show off your experience
- Show us what you are made of – the team will run through your portfolio with you
- Get to know the Product and Engineering teams - you will meet with a couple of members of the wider team and get to know them a little better
- How our values and your career goals align – you’ll have a call with our cofounder to learn more about life at Chattermill and ensure we’re the right place for your next stage of growth
💖 Our Values
🧞♂️ We are obsessed with experience – We take our mission to rid the world of bad Customer Experience seriously, and we practice what we preach.
🪂 We believe in the power of of trust – Whether it's with each other, our customers, partners, or other stakeholders we always communicate with openness and trust.
🔑 We act as responsible owners – Whether it's about the company, a team, a project, or a task, having the freedom to make decisions in our area of responsibility is a crucial driver for us.
🌱 We share a passion for growth & progress – On every level, we’re motivated by taking on new challenges – even if they seem out of reach. We recognise that we are learning machines and we always seek to action feedback and improve collectively.
🌕 We set our ambitions high but stay humble – We've come together to build a product and a category that’s never been seen before. While we're an ambitious bunch with lofty goals, we don't approach this goal recklessly.
👥 We believe the right team is the key to success – At Chattermill we’ve learned that all our important achievements have been the result of the right people collaborating together – that’s why we need you to apply today!
🌈 Diversity & Inclusion
We want to enable exceptional experiences for everyone, and to achieve this we need everyone’s voice in our team. We are on a mission to bring more diversity into the business in 2023 and to give everyone (from all backgrounds and abilities) a chance to join us, even if they may not fit all of the requirements set out in this job spec.
We realise that some may be hesitant to apply for a role when they don’t meet 100% of the listed requirements – we believe in potential and will happily consider all applications based on the skills and experience you have, we’d love to be part of your growth and we encourage you to apply!
We believe in removing unconscious biases from our recruitment process wherever possible. As part of this effort, we ask that you do not include your photograph or personal details with your application.