About the job
Calvin Risk is a Swiss-based start-up helping companies create and manage trustworthy AI that is aligned with humanity. Founded in 2022 as an ETH Zurich spin-off, the company is building the most advanced platform for assessing risks associated with AI in commercial use and managing them throughout the entire product lifecycle. The Calvin platform creates a much-needed framework for transparency, governance and standardization for enterprises to manage their AI portfolios, while ensuring that AI remains safe and compliant with the highest ethical standards and impending regulatory requirements.
This is an opportunity to join a start-up at its earliest stages as a Data Science Intern to develop and refine AI risk quantification methodologies. It is an opportunity to contribute to a cutting-edge AI risk management platform. Be part of an interdisciplinary team of technical and non-technical experts and experience a thriving, innovative, and collaborative environment.
As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for applying your advanced analytical skills to build and deploy innovative solutions to manage AI model risks for our clients. You will work closely with our risk management experts and AI specialists to develop and execute data-driven strategies that help our clients identify, assess, and mitigate their risks effectively. You will also have an opportunity to work on various projects and use different analytical tools todevelop comprehensive risk assessments for AI systems.
- Conduct data analysis and develop predictive models using various data sources to identify and mitigate potential risks for our clients.
- Collaborate with our tech, risk management and AI teams to develop innovative solutions to manage and optimize our clients' operations and AI efforts.
- Use and evaluate advanced machine learning and statistical techniques for various use cases.
- Design and develop data visualizations, dashboards, and reports to communicate insights and findings to stakeholders.
- Continuously explore and experiment with new techniques, tools, and data sources to improve the quality and accuracy of our solutions.
- Execute Ad-hoc analysis of ML solutions and client model and the development of new methods of integrating them into our risk management platform.
- Assist incollecting, analyzing, and interpret data sets to drive optimization and improvement of product development.
- Contribute to the development of internal Data Science infrastructure ensuring we adhere to the scientific method.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in data science, machine learning, and risk management.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics/Finance or a related field.
- Proven experience in data analysis, modeling, and visualization.
- Strong programming skills in Python.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases and data processing frameworks (e.g., Apache Spark, Hadoop).
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud service providers.
- Good understanding of machine learning and statistical techniques (e.g., classification, regression, clustering, time-series analysis).
- Knowledge of risk management principles and practices is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
If you are passionate about using helping businesses manage their AI risks and optimize their operations, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We follow the REEEEF principle asour guideline to success: respect, efficiency, entrepreneurship, excellence, empathy, fun. We cherish character traits such as result orientation, a sense of responsibility, integrity, and passion. This is an a**hole-free zone and it shall remain that way. Apart from this, no matter who you are or where you are from, you are highly welcome at Calvin Risk!