Junior Communications Manager (f/m/d)
We are seeking a highly motivated Junior Communications Manager to join our dynamic Communications team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting in the development and execution of our company's internal and external communication strategies on a global and local level. This role involves content creation, media relations, and supporting the overall reputation management and messaging of Blacklane.
The role will report to the Global Head of Communications.
- Content Creation: Develop and edit a variety of content, including press releases, blog posts, newsletters, and social media posts.
- Social Media Management: Manage and grow our CEO’s social media presence on LinkedIn.
- Media Relations: Assist in building and maintaining relationships with journalists and other media professionals; manage media inquiries and interview requests.
- Internal Communications: Support internal communication initiatives to ensure staff are informed and engaged with company developments and goals.
- Reputation Management: Help maintain a strong company reputation and ensure all communication materials adhere to our messaging and are of consistent quality.
- Event Coordination: Assist in organizing speaking opportunities including conferences, webinars, and trade shows.
- Analytics and Reporting: Monitor and report on the effectiveness of communication strategies; provide insights for improvement.
- Collaboration: Work closely with other departments to ensure a cohesive communication strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, or a related field.
- 1-2 years of experience in a communications or public relations role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Familiarity with content management systems (CMS) and graphic design tools is a plus.
- Creative and innovative thinker.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proactive and able to take initiative.
- Adaptable and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
MORE THAN A JOB:
Blacklane is a scale-up started in 2011, founded by Jens Wohltorf and Frank Steuer who wanted to create the first global chauffeur service. We started by filling chauffeurs’ ‘empty leg’ journeys and have grown with our partners to over €100 million in annual revenue (pre-pandemic). Backed by Daimler and other investors in Germany, Japan, Switzerland, and the UAE, we’re now a trusted brand within corporate travel.
We believe in ethical business practices and have a strong company culture.
- Continuous Learning: We believe that open and actionable feedback is the essential component of continuous development. Set your personal development plan and take an active role in our internal learning communities to progress your career.
- Flexible Working: Even the most ambitious Blacklaner needs some time to unwind. Find out what works for you and your team with flexible working hours and home office days.
- Become Part of the Crew: Get to know your fellow Blacklaners through our regular team socials. Our success comes from a collaboration of more than 350 people from 70 nations and we are looking for more exceptional people to join us!
- Employee Stock Options Plan: We want all Blacklaners to benefit from the company's success, so every employee gets virtual stock options.
- Fair Remuneration: We’ve banded salary levels and matched them to the local costs of living, meaning you’re always paid fairly and you know that the rest of the crew is too.
- Sustainability: We care for both people and the planet, having launched the mobility's industry-first global carbon offset scheme in 2017. Blacklane has pledged to deliver 15% of its journeys in electric vehicles by 2023.
- Equal Opportunity: We are committed to inclusion and diversity. A company is only as strong as its crew, so we developed a work environment that is inclusive, inspiring and open. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- Blacklane Cares day: Every crew member receives 8 hours of paid leave per year to participate in volunteering initiatives of their choice or lead employee-driven community outreach projects. Utilize your time to lend hands to a cause that drives your passion.
Upgrade your career with Blacklane