Project Manager (f/m/d)
Join the evolution of luxury chauffeuring at Blacklane. We’re on a mission to reinvent chauffeuring with a mobility service that is unrivaled and has never been seen before in Dubai.
Our business is a force for good; for our employees, travelers, local residents, chauffeurs and the environment. We work as a team to deliver the most professional and reliable service, through recruiting and training our own team of chauffeurs and providing them with a luxurious electric fleet of vehicles.
We're on the lookout for an exceptional Project Manager for our UAE team to catalyze the growth of our service in the region and redefine the chauffeuring service in Dubai.
As the Project Manager, your primary role will be to ensure that we are steadily progressing towards our ambitious goals. In this dynamic environment, adaptability is key, as you will face uncertainty and navigate uncharted territories, just as we have in the past. Your ability to handle tasks you've never encountered before will be crucial, making flexibility a cornerstone of success in this role. Your contributions will play a pivotal role in shaping the success of Blacklane in Dubai, a success that will set the tone for our expansion into new markets.
We're seeking a self-starter with a blend of strategic acumen, creative mindset, relationship management proficiency, and data analytics expertise. This role is ideally suited for someone comfortable building and analyzing reports and thriving in the dynamic pace of a startup environment. We're particularly interested in candidates with a track record of 4-5 years' experience in a similar role, displaying strategic and creative thinking, robust organizational skills, and an ability to excel in a fast-paced environment. This position is not just a role but an opportunity to set new standards.
As the Project Manager for Blacklane UAE, you will have a multifaceted role that spans various aspects of our business. Your responsibilities include:
- Collaborate in the designing and execution of the overarching project management plan, a plan designed to get us closer to our Dubai team vision building the best luxury electric chauffeur service in the world.
- Drive cross-functional projects from start to finish.
- Align with local teams in Dubai, including Sales, Marketing, and Operations, to drive the project forward.
- Act as the bridge between Dubai and the Blacklane global team such as Product & Engineering, Finance, Legal, and Business Intelligence, to articulate and address local requirements.
- Proactively seek opportunities to enhance our business, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness in achieving the project goals.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of project activities, milestones, and processes. Generate regular reports and updates for both internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators to measure success and provide regular updates on progress towards predefined goals.
- Foster a collaborative environment by promoting effective communication and knowledge sharing among team members, both within the local teams and globally.
- Stay informed about industry trends, market dynamics, and competitor activities, providing valuable insights to inform decision-making processes.
- Ensure that all projects adhere to relevant local and international regulations, coordinating with legal teams to address any compliance-related issues.
- This role demands a broad spectrum of skills encompassing project management, problem-solving, strategic thinking and relationship and stakeholder management.
- The ideal candidate will exhibit a commitment to enhancing the lives of people, a relentless pursuit of excellence and customer service, and a robust alignment with our core values.
- A minimum of 4-5 years of professional experience in a similar role, coupled with a proven track record of success.
- Outstanding communication, problem-solving, and a knack for creativity and attention to detail.
- Proven expertise in managing multiple tasks and delivering results within tight deadlines.
- Ability to read, analyze and understand data to enable data-driven decision-making.
- Experience in forecasting and reporting results.
- An exceptional team player with a penchant for open communication in a collaborative environment.
- Familiarity with Tableau, Google Suite, Jira and Confluence.
- Proficiency in English at a native level, while Arabic language skills are crucial.
MORE THAN A JOB:
Blacklane is a scale-up started in 2011, founded by Jens Wohltorf and Frank Steuer who wanted to create the first global chauffeur service. We started by filling chauffeurs’ ‘empty leg’ journeys and have grown with our partners to over €100 million in annual revenue (pre-pandemic). Backed by Daimler and other investors in Germany, Japan, Switzerland, and the UAE, we’re now a trusted brand within corporate travel.
We believe in ethical business practices and have a strong company culture.
- Continuous Learning: We believe that open and actionable feedback is the essential component of continuous development. Set your personal development plan and take an active role in our internal learning communities to progress your career.
- Flexible Working: Even the most ambitious Blacklaner needs some time to unwind. Find out what works for you and your team with flexible working hours and home office days.
- Become Part of the Crew: Get to know your fellow Blacklaners through our regular team socials. Our success comes from a collaboration of more than 350 people from 70 nations and we are looking for more exceptional people to join us!
- Employee Stock Options Plan: We want all Blacklaners to benefit from the company's success, so every employee gets virtual stock options.
- Fair Remuneration: We’ve banded salary levels and matched them to the local costs of living, meaning you’re always paid fairly and you know that the rest of the crew is too.
- Sustainability: We care for both people and the planet, having launched the mobility's industry-first global carbon offset scheme in 2017. Blacklane has pledged to deliver 15% of its journeys in electric vehicles by 2023.
- Equal Opportunity: We are committed to inclusion and diversity. A company is only as strong as its crew, so we developed a work environment that is inclusive, inspiring and open. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- Blacklane Cares day: Every crew member receives 8 hours of paid leave per year to participate in volunteering initiatives of their choice or lead employee-driven community outreach projects. Utilize your time to lend hands to a cause that drives your passion.
Upgrade your career with Blacklane