Market Manager APAC (Singapore)
Blacklane is looking for an awesome Operations Market Manager based in Singapore, to cover several countries in Asia and join the APAC team.
If you're a data-driven dynamic individual with a knack for relationship building, negotiation and problem solving, then we'd love to set up a call. Your challenge is to build and implement solutions to tackle a market which was heavily hit during COVID and is now growing at an unprecedented pace.
You will have ample chances to travel and meet your partners first-hand! Moreover, you'll be joining a great international team of highly talented people who are more than eager to welcome you onboard!
- You will manage, negotiate, and improve the supply cost, quality, and availability from our partners (professional chauffeurs) within multiple geographical areas in Asia.
- You will ensure the successful account management of strategic partners in your designated markets.
- You will develop and own relationships with both internal stakeholders and external partners.
- You will tailor regional strategy and adapt global standards to your designated markets with strong focus on growth, sustainability and relationship building.
- You will develop strategies to make Blacklane the partner of choice for our preferred supply partners in the business districts, including understanding their needs and identifying ways to reduce their operational costs.
- You will be responsible for doing quality audits on the ground within your markets, perform regular meetings and monthly/quarterly business reviews.
- You will be responsible to define the right fleet regulations for your designated regions
- You will be part of a cross-divisional task force to develop and shape Blacklane’s future operational capabilities and strategy.
- You will handle escalated payment adjustment cases and incidents for the partners, following internal processes and procedures.
- You will analyze relevant data and optimize performance based on what you find out.
- You will be responsible for defining and establishing necessary internal prerequisite requirements based on the legal governmental regulations including tax related topics in your markets essential for countries like China including Hong Kong and Taiwan, Japan, Indonesien, Malaysia, Singapore and future upcoming markets.
- You will be responsible for launching new markets in your designated regions.
- You will operationally support roadshows, larger operational projects, and transversal topics within the company.
- You will be involved and partly responsible to maintain customer retention.
- 4+ years of experience in strategy, operations or similar role in a fast paced environment.
- Passion for problem solving with creative solutions.
- An eye for operational efficiency and service excellence.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience owning KPIs, goals or roadmap initiatives.
- Awareness of the challenges regarding supply management
- Ability to present convincingly and explain the business model to ensure a wide range of interested parties depending on the different expectations of the business partners for Blacklane.
- Experiences to create close relationships with business partners to establish business environments to achieve win win solutions.
- Awareness of the cost of supply in the mobility industry and able to create cost breakdowns for various countries and cities in Asia.
- Strong expertise of necessary technical and regulatory implementations to run your regions 100% compliance.
- Strong understanding of customer expectations in the luxury mobility industrie.
- Good understanding of the sales side and the differences between different customer groups
Blacklane is a scale-up started in 2011, founded by Jens Wohltorf and Frank Steuer who wanted to create the first global chauffeur service. We started by filling chauffeurs’ ‘empty leg’ journeys and have grown with our partners to over €100 million in annual revenue (pre-pandemic). Backed by Daimler and other investors in Germany, Japan, Switzerland, and the UAE, we’re now a trusted brand within corporate travel.
We believe in ethical business practices and have a strong company culture.
- Continuous Learning: We believe that open and actionable feedback is the essential component of continuous development. Set your personal development plan and take an active role in our internal learning communities to progress your career.
- Flexible Working: Even the most ambitious Blacklaner needs some time to unwind. Find out what works for you and your team with flexible working hours and home office days.
- Become Part of the Crew: Get to know your fellow Blacklaners through our regular team socials. Our success comes from a collaboration of more than 350 people from 70 nations and we are looking for more exceptional people to join us!
- Employee Stock Options Plan: We want all Blacklaners to benefit from the company's success, so every employee gets virtual stock options.
- Fair Remuneration: We’ve banded salary levels and matched them to the local costs of living, meaning you’re always paid fairly and you know that the rest of the crew is too.
- Sustainability: We care for both people and the planet, having launched the mobility's industry-first global carbon offset scheme in 2017. Blacklane has pledged to deliver 15% of its journeys in electric vehicles by 2023.
- Equal Opportunity: We are committed to inclusion and diversity. A company is only as strong as its crew, so we developed a work environment that is inclusive, inspiring and open. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- Blacklane Cares day: Every crew member receives 8 hours of paid leave per year to participate in volunteering initiatives of their choice or lead employee-driven community outreach projects. Utilize your time to lend hands to a cause that drives your passion.
Upgrade your career with Blacklane