Senior Communications Manager (f/m/d)
Blacklane is looking for a Senior Communications Manager in the US. This role is pivotal position in our ongoing efforts to build Blacklane's global communications team. This experienced manager will collaborate closely with the Global Head of Communications to establish and execute the thought leadership and reputation strategy for our key market, the U.S. This involves cultivating relationships with top-tier media contacts and overseeing an agency. The role also requires tracking each communication program against internal and external metrics to showcase success and refine future delivery. Additionally, the manager will focus on enhancing Blacklane's reputation with the clear objective of raising awareness.
- Develop the U.S. external communications strategy by integrating internal and external audience insights with global reputation priorities.
- Crafting communication campaigns to position Blacklane as the premier global chauffeur service.
- Manage senior leadership positioning and oversee speaker engagements and media opportunities to drive our reputation narrative.
- Serve as the primary spokesperson in the market and cultivate a close network of media contacts.
- Establish strategic (media) partnerships.
- Handle crisis communications and act as the point of contact during crisis situations, aligning with the global communications team.
- Manage relationships and budgets with external agencies to fulfill reputation strategy and objectives.
- Collaborate closely with the local and global management team, as well as functional leaders across the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or a related field; Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in corporate communications, public relations, or related fields.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience in developing and executing successful communications strategies.
- Strong media relations skills and experience managing relationships with journalists and influencers.
- Experience in developing and executing crisis communications plans.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills to represent the communications perspective at the local and global levels while managing local peers.
- Strong leadership skills and experience in managing agencies.
If you are a creative and strategic thinker with a track record of developing and executing successful communications strategies, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity in our Communications team.
Blacklane is a scale-up started in 2011, founded by Jens Wohltorf and Frank Steuer who wanted to create the first global chauffeur service. We started by filling chauffeurs’ ‘empty leg’ journeys and have grown with our partners to over €100 million in annual revenue (pre-pandemic). Backed by Daimler and other investors in Germany, Japan, Switzerland, and the UAE, we’re now a trusted brand within corporate travel.
We believe in ethical business practices and have a strong company culture.
- Continuous Learning: We believe that open and actionable feedback is the essential component of continuous development. Set your personal development plan and take an active role in our internal learning communities to progress your career.
- Flexible Working: Even the most ambitious Blacklaner needs some time to unwind. Find out what works for you and your team with flexible working hours and home office days (working from home is the new normal).
- Become Part of the Crew: Get to know your fellow Blacklaners through our regular team socials. Our success comes from a collaboration of more than 350 people from 70 nations and we are looking for more exceptional people to join us!
- Employee Stock Options Plan: We want all Blacklaners to benefit from the company's success, so every employee gets virtual stock options.
- Fair Remuneration: We’ve banded salary levels and matched them to the local costs of living, meaning you’re always paid fairly and you know that the rest of the crew is too.
- Sustainability: We care for both people and the planet, having launched the mobility's industry-first global carbon offset scheme in 2017. Blacklane has pledged to deliver 15% of its journeys in electric vehicles by 2023.
- Equal Opportunity: We are committed to inclusion and diversity. A company is only as strong as its crew, so we developed a work environment that is inclusive, inspiring and open. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- Blacklane Cares day: Every crew member receives 8 hours of paid leave per year to participate in volunteering initiatives of their choice or lead employee-driven community outreach projects. Utilize your time to lend hands to a cause that drives your passion.
Upgrade your career with Blacklane