Senior Software Engineer (Java, Golang)
As a Senior Backend Engineer (f/m/d), you will be part of one of our most innovative teams: Dispatching. And this team doesn’t solve your common every-day problems! With the aid of algorithms and graph theory, they define on a daily basis how we utilise our dedicated fleet at Blacklane in the best way possible – one of our newer business models. Additionally, you will have fun visualising the data properly for our stakeholders. The changes you make today will power our engines of tomorrow and we are just getting started!
Our environment is composed of Java, Go, TypeScript and React. These services are deployed to our Kubernetes cluster. As data storage we use SQL databases. We work together with other teams to ensure a smooth programming experience and use the data available to make the best decisions possible for our customers.
Additionally, you will:
- solve very compelling problems and push the capabilities of our systems further and further.
- ensure a good test coverage, write documentation when needed, engaging in code reviews and knowledge sharing.
- dedicate part of your time to improving the overall performance, usability, and maintainability of the systems you're working on.
- dedicate part of your time to improve yourself and learn new things.
- be part of a motivated, open-minded, and friendly team determined to improve the travel experience of our guests.
- You are proactive, curious, and a team player. You love to solve complex problems and tackle them in a pragmatic manner.
- You have a solid understanding of algorithms and graph theory.
- You are comfortable working with multiple programming languages and have a solid understanding of and experience with either Java or Go.
- You have a solid understanding of SQL databases.
- Ideally, you also have an appetite for visualising the state of the system.
MORE THAN A JOB:
Blacklane is a scale-up started in 2011, founded by Jens Wohltorf and Frank Steuer who wanted to create the first global chauffeur service. We started by filling chauffeurs’ ‘empty leg’ journeys and have grown with our partners to over €100 million in annual revenue (pre-pandemic). Backed by Daimler and other investors in Germany, Japan, Switzerland, and the UAE, we’re now a trusted brand within corporate travel.
We believe in ethical business practices and have a strong company culture.
- Continuous Learning: We believe that open and actionable feedback is the essential component of continuous development. Set your personal development plan and take an active role in our internal learning communities to progress your career.
- Flexible Working: Even the most ambitious Blacklaner needs some time to unwind. Find out what works for you and your team with flexible working hours and home office days.
- Become Part of the Crew: Get to know your fellow Blacklaners through our regular team socials. Our success comes from a collaboration of more than 350 people from 70 nations and we are looking for more exceptional people to join us!
- Employee Stock Options Plan: We want all Blacklaners to benefit from the company's success, so every employee gets virtual stock options.
- Fair Remuneration: We’ve banded salary levels and matched them to the local costs of living, meaning you’re always paid fairly and you know that the rest of the crew is too.
- Sustainability: We care for both people and the planet, having launched the mobility's industry-first global carbon offset scheme in 2017. Blacklane has pledged to deliver 15% of its journeys in electric vehicles by 2023.
- Equal Opportunity: We are committed to inclusion and diversity. A company is only as strong as its crew, so we developed a work environment that is inclusive, inspiring and open. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- Blacklane Cares day: Every crew member receives 8 hours of paid leave per year to participate in volunteering initiatives of their choice or lead employee-driven community outreach projects. Utilize your time to lend hands to a cause that drives your passion.
Upgrade your career with Blacklane