Director Finance Strategy & Delivery
Join the evolution of chauffeuring and build the global Blacklane for Business proposition. We’re on a mission to reinvent chauffeuring by merging new technologies with the best service quality.
Our business is a force for good for travelers, corporate travel managers, chauffeurs and the environment. We work with our partners to deliver the most professional and reliable service, through employed chauffeurs and a growing fleet of electric vehicles. As a member of our crew, you’ll receive ESOP (employee stock ownership plan), personal development and the opportunity to make a difference in a company that cares.
Public Company Readiness
- Lead and oversee the project management office (PMO) for the company's transition to a publicly traded entity.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure timely execution of key milestones related to IPO readiness.
- Monitor and manage project risks, issues, and dependencies, and provide clear reporting to senior management.
Financial Support for Fundraising Rounds
- Work closely with executive leadership to develop financial models and projections to support fundraising efforts, including IPOs and secondary offerings.
- Prepare and present financial information to potential investors and stakeholders.
- Assess and communicate the financial implications of various fundraising strategies.
Strategic Decision Support
- Evaluate mergers and acquisitions for alignment and feasibility.
- Conduct financial analysis and due diligence for potential targets and provide support for due diligence processes of potential investors.
- Evaluate the financial impact of strategic decisions and provide actionable recommendations.
- Evaluate mergers and acquisitions for alignment with the rest of the organization and feasibility.
- Assist in the development and execution of financial strategies to drive growth and profitability.
Compliance and Reporting
- Ensure compliance with European financial regulations and reporting requirements.
- Prepare financial statements and disclosures in accordance with regional guidelines.
- Collaborate with legal and compliance teams to maintain accurate records in alignment with European standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field (MBA or CFA preferred).
- Extensive experience in financial leadership roles, including exposure to public company finance and IPO processes.
- Strong project management skills with a proven track record of leading complex, cross-functional initiatives.
- Exceptional financial modeling and analytical capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey complex financial information concisely.
- Knowledge of European and/or American financial regulations and reporting requirements.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to contribute to the company's overall growth and success.
MORE THAN A JOB:
Blacklane is a scale-up started in 2011, founded by Jens Wohltorf and Frank Steuer who wanted to create the first global chauffeur service. We started by filling chauffeurs’ ‘empty leg’ journeys and have grown with our partners to over €100 million in annual revenue (pre-pandemic). Backed by Daimler and other investors in Germany, Japan, Switzerland, and the UAE, we’re now a trusted brand within corporate travel.
We believe in ethical business practices and have a strong company culture.
- Continuous Learning: We believe that open and actionable feedback is the essential component of continuous development. Set your personal development plan and take an active role in our internal learning communities to progress your career.
- Flexible Working: Even the most ambitious Blacklaner needs some time to unwind. Find out what works for you and your team with flexible working hours and home office days.
- Become Part of the Crew: Get to know your fellow Blacklaners through our regular team socials. Our success comes from a collaboration of more than 350 people from 70 nations and we are looking for more exceptional people to join us!
- Employee Stock Options Plan: We want all Blacklaners to benefit from the company's success, so every employee gets virtual stock options.
- Fair Remuneration: We’ve banded salary levels and matched them to the local costs of living, meaning you’re always paid fairly and you know that the rest of the crew is too.
- Sustainability: We care for both people and the planet, having launched the mobility's industry-first global carbon offset scheme in 2017. Blacklane has pledged to deliver 15% of its journeys in electric vehicles by 2023.
- Equal Opportunity: We are committed to inclusion and diversity. A company is only as strong as its crew, so we developed a work environment that is inclusive, inspiring and open. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- Blacklane Cares day: Every crew member receives 8 hours of paid leave per year to participate in volunteering initiatives of their choice or lead employee-driven community outreach projects. Utilize your time to lend hands to a cause that drives your passion.
Upgrade your career with Blacklane