Senior Software Engineer (Backend - Partner Integrations) (f/m/d)
As a Senior Software Engineer (f/m/d), you will be part of one of our autonomous agile teams. You will help us develop the services that power the Blacklane, work on improving our back-office system, or solve problems around our products which allow business partners to integrate with the Blacklane platform.
Our environment is composed of Ruby, Go, Typescript and Java services, designed using DDD. These services are deployed to our Kubernetes cluster and communicate via domain events using SQS and Kafka. We use diverse data storage technologies such as Postgres, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, and DynamoDB. As for infrastructure and cloud resources, we predominantly use AWS and manage provisioning through Terraform.
- Tackling unique challenges to tailor our products to specific markets.
- Upholding high standards through comprehensive test coverage, documentation, code reviews, and knowledge sharing.
- Investing time in optimising the performance, usability, and maintainability of the systems under your care.
- Committing to personal growth by learning new skills and technologies.
- Contributing to a motivated, open-minded, and collaborative team focused on enhancing our guests' travel experiences.
- You are proactive, curious, and a team player.
- You are experienced (at least 5 years) with two or more programming languages.
- You have knowledge and experience (at least 5 years) with at least one of these languages: Ruby, Go
- You're familiar with the HTTP protocol and have some experience with using and/or developing REST APIs.
- You write quality code, maintainable and follow best practices. You are familiar with at least some of the challenges of distributed systems. You are not scared of working on an existing codebase.
- You have experience with or want to learn more about Event-driven architecture and domain driven design.
- You have experience with Docker and containerized environments. Knowledge of Kubernetes and Terraform is a plus.
- You are fluent in English.
MORE THAN A JOB:
Blacklane is a scale-up started in 2011, founded by Jens Wohltorf and Frank Steuer who wanted to create the first global chauffeur service. We started by filling chauffeurs’ ‘empty leg’ journeys and have grown with our partners to over €100 million in annual revenue (pre-pandemic). Backed by Daimler and other investors in Germany, Japan, Switzerland, and the UAE, we’re now a trusted brand within corporate travel.
We believe in ethical business practices and have a strong company culture.
- Continuous Learning: We believe that open and actionable feedback is the essential component of continuous development. Set your personal development plan and take an active role in our internal learning communities to progress your career.
- Flexible Working: Even the most ambitious Blacklaner needs some time to unwind. Find out what works for you and your team with flexible working hours and home office days (working from home is the new normal).
- Become Part of the Crew: Get to know your fellow Blacklaners through our regular team socials. Our success comes from a collaboration of more than 350 people from 70 nations and we are looking for more exceptional people to join us!
- Employee Stock Options Plan: We want all Blacklaners to benefit from the company's success, so every employee gets virtual stock options.
- Fair Remuneration: We’ve banded salary levels and matched them to the local costs of living, meaning you’re always paid fairly and you know that the rest of the crew is too.
- Sustainability: We care for both people and the planet, having launched the mobility's industry-first global carbon offset scheme in 2017. Blacklane has pledged to deliver 15% of its journeys in electric vehicles by 2023.
- Equal Opportunity: We are committed to inclusion and diversity. A company is only as strong as its crew, so we developed a work environment that is inclusive, inspiring and open. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- Blacklane Cares day: Every crew member receives 8 hours of paid leave per year to participate in volunteering initiatives of their choice or lead employee-driven community outreach projects. Utilize your time to lend hands to a cause that drives your passion.
Upgrade your career with Blacklane