ESG Analyst Intern (German Speaking)Berlin | Remote
ESG Analyst Intern (German-speaking; Postgraduate)
3 Month Postgraduate Internship | Berlin or Remote
Kickstart your professional career with us as an ESG Analyst Intern!
Your focus will be to help organizations in achieving success on the Atlas Metrics platform. As an early employee at a fast-growing climate fintech start-up, you’ll play a key role in delivering successful pilot projects with a global client base, driving forward the digital transformation of ESG data. You’ll be part of an international team of experienced ESG professionals and software engineers, headquartered in Berlin, from the early stages of our journey as we build the market leading ESG software solution.
Our internship program is designed for candidates who are eager to build a long-term commitment with our company. A successful internship will put you on the fast track to being considered for a permanent role, unlocking the gateway to a promising career at Atlas Metrics.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research and analysis to help the ESG team deliver on product and/or client requirements
- Build presentations and datasets on ESG topics
- Take ownership of delivering a specific ESG project, and formulate strategic recommendations based on the insights you gain
- Learn about evolving ESG trends, reporting standards, and regulations
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Gaining hands-on experience in ESG topics and exposure to our exciting portfolio of clients. You will act as a source of knowledge on their ESG journey, by making complex ESG topics understandable.
- Building client-facing presentations and datasets, and strategically supporting them to improve their processes for collecting, managing, and reporting ESG information.
- Performing qualitative and quantitative research and analysis to help clients achieve their ESG goals.
- Researching evolving ESG trends, best practices, and being a source of knowledge on key ESG standards, frameworks, and regulations (e.g., GRI, SASB, ISSB, CDP, TCFD, SBTi, NFRD, SFDR, EU Taxonomy) for our clients.
- Collaborating with our tech & product development teams as we build the market-leading ESG software solution together.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- You have completed a degree in economics, engineering, social sciences or natural sciences, ideally with a focus on sustainability, sustainable finance, climate, circular economy, human rights or similar.
- You have basic knowledge about key ESG topics, reporting standards, frameworks, regulations, and ideally also some practical experience in that field.
- You are analytical and enjoy working with complex data by bringing structure and analysis to derive meaningful insights for our clients.
- You have exceptional communication skills in German and English, are able to communicate complex topics and thereby help business leaders understand the importance of ESG.
- You love to collaborate, be a team player and at the same time focus on the best outcomes for our clients.
- You are motivated to harness the power of data and technology to achieve ESG and broader sustainability goals. You value diversity and inclusion.
WHAT ELSE IS IMPORTANT
- Candidates must be final year students or recent graduates. The internship is initially for 3 months, with the possibility of transitioning into to a full time role afterwards based on performance.
- Candidates must be fluent in English and in German. Additional languages are a plus.
- The position can be based in Berlin or performed remotely - choose the setup that works best for you. Remote candidates should be +/- 3 hours from Berlin time.
WHAT'S IN FOR YOU
We value dedicated people but we know that it's important to recover, disconnect, and spend time with your family. If you join Atlas, you will receive:
- Work as part of a been-there-done-that team of startup professionals. We’re an inclusive, caring team of ambitious professionals who strive for excellent execution. If that’s you as well, you’ll love it.
- Competitive salary.
- A family-friendly work environment with flexibility and understanding around the hours you work.
BE WHO YOU ARE
We celebrate diversity and understand its value in solving complex problems. We’re committed to building teams that bring in a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Our mission is to change the way our economic system works and make the impact of companies transparent.
We are an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive and inspiring workplace!
Please use the form below to apply