ESG Engagement Manager (German Speaking)Berlin | Remote
ESG Engagement Manager - German Speaking
Permanent Employee, Full Time | Berlin or Remote
Join the client focused team at Atlas Metrics and work in a high-impact team of startup professionals - ambitious, inclusive, and caring. In partnership with our clients, you’ll be shaping the future of ESG and putting organizations on the path to sustainability. We strive for excellent execution and sound strategic thinking; if that sounds like you, you’ll love it.
ABOUT YOUR FUTURE COMPANY
We are a rapidly growing post-product-market-fit SaaS startup in the ESG accounting space. We are trusted by >500 organizations who partner with Atlas to reach their ESG goals. We’ve secured significant seed funding from top VCs to scale our product and operations and are already revenue-generating. We have an excellent reputation in the market - it’s only on us to build one of the most successful climate tech startups. Make this moment yours and join our journey.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
We are looking for a talented ESG Engagement Manager (German-speaking) to join our mission-driven team. Your focus will be to manage a growing portfolio of clients, ensuring they reach success on their ESG journey.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You’ll manage a portfolio of clients (in the German market and globally), forging strong and enduring partnerships with C-suite and senior stakeholders as they work towards their ESG goals
You’ll run ESG advisory projects end-to-end and expand our portfolio of services, including:
- Strategy roadmap - create actionable plans for organizations to reach key milestones in digitalizing their ESG data, preparing for incoming regulations, and operationalizing the ESG transformation
- ESG diagnostic - select the ESG metrics organizations should track
- Materiality analysis - identify the sustainability matters that are most relevant to organizations from a financial and impact perspective
- Regulatory readiness - help organizations understand the impact of regulations like CSRD, EU taxonomy, and SFDR and create tools to help them prepare (e.g. gap analysis, templates, and guidance action plan)
- Carbon accounting - deploy our latest carbon accounting tools and ensure organizations understand their carbon footprint and how to reduce it
And finally, you’ll champion our software and be the voice of our clients as we build new features
- Help organizations organize, collect, and analyze their ESG data to drive performance improvements
- Ensure organizations choose Atlas as their long-term ESG software solution
- Understand market needs and gather feedback from platform users; channel this knowledge to our product team to shape our software and/or directly launch proof of concept pilots to respond to evolving needs
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
Your Background: You have 4+ years of professional experience, likely in one of the following environments:
- Top management consulting firm
- Specialized ESG consulting firm
- Asset manager focused on ESG / impact / sustainable investing
- Corporate ESG / sustainability team
You Experience : You have practical and hands-on experience with ESG projects:
- Running a portfolio of ESG strategy projects end-to-end, with a typical individual project value of c. €100k
- Interacting with, advising, and presenting to C-suite and senior stakeholders at large companies or financial institutions - you’re confident leading calls, creating agendas, crafting messages, and delivering presentations
- Implementing ESG strategies, including hands-on execution of any of the following: strategic roadmaps, annual ESG reports, materiality analyses, ESG policy creation, ESG data analysis, compliance with regulation (CSRD readiness, EU taxonomy alignment, SFDR article 8/9 classification), alignment with ESG standards (GRI, ISSB, etc).
Your Qualities: You’re a high-achiever with the following qualities:
- Results-driven mindset
- Highly analytical (you apply logic to figure out the best course of action and love using data to inform decisions) and emotionally intelligent (meaning you can build strong relationships and generate buy-in to accelerate progress)
- Proven ability to operate in a high performance team, e.g. taking on significant responsibility at an early stage, delivering “first of its kind” projects, and aspiring to work in the most ambitious setting with influential stakeholders
HERE'S WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS
Joining a fast-growing startup building market-leading ESG solutions guarantees an exciting future for you:
- You become a world-leading expert in ESG, making progress happen at scale with leading financial institutions and companies
- You help expand our client base and portfolio of solutions globally, building a valuable network and practical insights along the way
- You grow our team, gain managerial responsibilities, and contribute to successfully scaling a startup
WHAT'S IN FOR YOU
We value dedicated people, but we know it's crucial to recover, disconnect, and spend time with friends and family. Here’s how we make that happen:
- We’re a remote-first company: A couple of days per week in our beautiful Berlin office is a big bonus, and workation is encouraged.
- Your salary is competitive, and we’ll offer a generous equity package.
- We’re building a family-friendly work environment with flexibility and understanding around your work hours.
- You’ll start with 26 vacation days and get one more every year.
BE WHO YOU ARE
We celebrate diversity and understand its value in solving complex problems. We’re committed to building teams that bring in a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Our mission is to change the way our economic system works and make the impact of companies transparent.
We are an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive and inspiring workplace!
Please use the form below to apply