Senior Backend Engineer (all genders) - Golang (Platform Engineering)
Urban Sports Club
We're so much more than just a sports aggregator platform. We're on a mission to disrupt the way people connect with sports, and we do it with a mix of creativity, passion, and a whole lot of tech. We're in the exciting process of developing a game-changing SaaS solution, and our cloud infrastructure is the heart of it all.
The Senior Platform/Backend Engineer (Developer Experience) is a high-impact, cross-functional role at the heart of our engineering organization. The Developer Experience team and the entire Platform hive support our internal engineering teams throughout the complete development lifecycle of Urban Sports Group, using a unique mix of software engineering and SRE skill sets to enable our product engineers to take advantage of everything the platform provides while also minimizing the cognitive load required to do so.
- As the owner of various tools and services, you strive to empower fellow engineers on different teams to work more efficiently
- Be a valued member of an autonomous agile team to experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives continuously
- Research, engineer, and experiment with new ways to improve developer workflows and DevOps practices to provide product teams with the capability to deploy on demand while limiting any risk to the stability of production
- Shape everything from how services and tools are built, tested, deployed, released, and monitored across all environments, from the local machine to our production clusters
- Collaborate directly with product teams to design, implement, and optimize new features, addressing complex challenges of our dynamic platform
- Teach engineers (especially new joiners) how to use our tools, whether by giving internal talks, organizing internal onboarding workshops, or writing documentation and tutorials
- Have fun and create a culture of belonging, wellness, diversity, inclusion, and career growth for the tech organization
What you need to succeed
- You bring extensive software engineering experience building and designing scalable applications, tools, or distributed systems.
- You have strong experience with Go; ideally also Python or a similar language
- You have Kubernetes experience in cloud environments such as GCP, AWS, or Azure. Experience with Service Meshes is a plus.
- You deeply understand system design and event-driven architectures.
- You want to work with a technical team on developer-facing tools and services and like writing excellent technical documentation and valuable tutorials.
- You love working in an environment where you constantly experiment and iterate quickly.
- You believe data is the most powerful tool for informed decision-making.
- You embrace feedback - no one is perfect, and neither are we. So let’s make this an opportunity to praise and learn from each other.
Our offer to you
- We offer relocation support and sponsorship for work permits
- An interesting Tech Stack. Check it out here.
- We’re working in hybrid mode offering you flexibility to work onsite and from home
- WorkOUT Life Balance: 30 days paid vacation per year, flexible working hours, free access to our Employee Assistance Program, plus up to 3 months of remote working from anywhere in the EU, desk swap policy allowing additional remote working time from our other European offices
- Regular team events and other initiatives helping employees to stay productive, healthy and engaged during hybrid mode
- Personal development perks including regular internal trainings, German and English language classes
- Many additional perks including: choice of computer/technology, employee referral bonuses, monthly home office allowance, private health insurance, and more
- A free Urban Sports Club L Pro Membership
Urban Sports Club is committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who applies for a position or already works with us, regardless of their sports preferences, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion (or lack thereof).