IT System Administrator (m/f/d)
NVision Imaging Technologies
NVision is a quantum biotech startup based in Ulm, Germany, with Tier 1 investors from Silicon Valley, Europe, and Israel. We are just leaving stealth mode, moving from local R&D to global commercialization and expansion.
We are developing a technology that will enable MRI-based imaging of real-time metabolism in the body, with tremendous potential for research and applications in oncology, cardiology, neurology and more. What we are building is complex and fascinating and has vast potential for impactful applications. Our company brings together expertise in physics, chemistry, engineering, and medicine and we are collaborating with KOL scientists and clinicians from top medical and research centers such as Memorial Sloan Kettering in New York, MD Anderson in Texas, Technical University of Munich, Cambridge University in the UK and more.
We offer a dynamic international working environment, with immense room for growth, that encourages personal initiative and open communication.
We are actively seeking an IT System Administrator (m/f/d) who will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of our internal IT infrastructure. You will be responsible for maintaining, upgrading, and configuring hardware and software systems, providing technical support to our employees, and participating in various IT-related projects.
- Proactively monitor and maintain our internal IT systems to ensure optimal performance.
- Perform regular updates, patches, and system upgrades.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot application software and computer hardware.
- Collaborate with team members to implement hardware and software solutions.
- Provide technical support and assistance to employees, resolving IT-related issues promptly.
- Participate in the planning and execution of various IT projects.
- Configure and maintain network infrastructure, including switches (preferably Aruba/HPE).
- Manage firewall settings, VPN, routing, and network segmentation.
- Implement and enforce IT security policies and best practices.
- Set up and manage backup systems to safeguard critical data.
- Educational background in an IT field or related.
- At least a few years of experience as an IT Administrator or a similar role.
- Broad experience with Microsoft operating systems and general server applications.
- Knowledge and experience with network configuration, preferably with Aruba/HPE switches.
- Proficiency in coding, particularly Python and PowerShell.
- Familiarity with firewall management, VPN, routing, and segmentation.
- Understanding of IT security principles and practices.
- High flexibility to adapt to the dynamic nature of a startup environment.
- Excellent communication skills in both German and English.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration abilities.
- Continuous commitment to expanding knowledge and readiness for challenges.
- Exceptional analytical skills and a structured approach to problem-solving.
- Competitive compensation, based on base salary and stock options
- Hybrid working model
- Ample opportunity for personal initiatives, openness to new ideas and room for considerable personal impact
- Impactful product promoting better understanding and treatment of disease
- International team, from over 15 different nationalities
- Enjoyable work atmosphere with an open-door and open communications mentality
- Indefinite employment contract, providing stability
- 30 vacation days and excellent work-life balance